Date(s) - April 10, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Are you thinking about buying a home? Buying a home is often a very big step that can bring with it a lot of responsibilities. It is not at all uncommon for first-time homebuyers to wonder if they are really ready to make the plunge. This is a very personal decision that only you can make, but there are suggestions we can make to help you figure out if you are ready now or if you need assistance with credit building, budgeting, or personal finance to prepare for homeownership down the road.
Some of the issues first-time buyers will want to consider financially include:
- Your creditworthiness for obtaining a mortgage loan
- Your ability to come up with a down payment of 5 to 20 percent if required by the terms of a home loan
- Personal monthly budget and how much can be safely dedicated to home-related expenses
Questions you will want to ask yourself include:
- How good is my credit?
- What banking or mortgage institutions can I turn to for a loan?
- How much home can I comfortably afford?
- What will my monthly payments look like with taxes, insurance and other incidentals included?
Join us for this free 90 minute workshop, and you will also be invited to sign up for free financial coaching. You will also be connected with the Boston Home Center, which has additional resources for Boston residents. Call (Sharon at 617) 541-2612 for more information.