Everyone’s financial situation is different. That’s why the Roxbury Center for Financial Empowerment offers individualized coaching. A personal financial coach can give you one-on-one attention and guidance tailored to your particular needs.
Here’s how it works:
When you become a client of the Roxbury Center for Financial Empowerment, you will be matched with a financial coach. Your coach will work with you to:
- Understand your financial situation
- Identify your financial goals
- Make a plan of specific steps to achieve your goals
- Give accurate information on the best ways to get out of debt, improve your credit, save money, pay off bills or whatever your goal might be
- Guide you through the career-building process if your goal is to find a job or better employment
Coaching is a long-term project of a year or more. Your coach will continue to meet with you on a regular basis, in-person or over the phone, to follow up on your progress toward your goals, provide helpful information where needed, answer your questions, and keep you motivated.
Norma: Turning it Around
After Norma’s financial coach helped her set up a spending log, she saw that much of her income went to unnecessary expenses and friends’ requests for money. Now, she buys groceries in bulk, pays bills upfront, and puts $200 in savings every month.
“My self-esteem has gone through the roof,” she said. “When I’m able to fix my car in an emergency without asking anyone for help, I feel proud of myself. I don’t have to bother my parents like I used to. I feel more respected by my peers, who can’t sucker me like they used to. I don’t have to depend on an abusive relationship to live.”