For a limited time, federal student loan borrowers may receive credit for past periods of repayment that would otherwise not qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Interested in the Office of Financial Empowerment?
Sign up today to receive news and updates from OFE!
We’d like to help you improve your credit score! Having good credit is essential to achieving and maintaining financial stability. Boston Builds Credit provides free workshops and one-on-one coaching to help residents build their credit score.
Free tax preparation from the Boston Tax Help Coalition helps Bostonians keep more of their earned income at tax time. Plus, taxpayers can avoid fees from paid tax preparers, and gain access to free financial education and services instead.
Bank On Boston connects residents with reliable financial products and services that can help them save, grow, and access their money. Opening a safe and affordable checking or savings account is an important step toward improving financial wellness.
- Important Public Service Student Loan Information!
- Site Spotlight: Shauntell Dunbar
- Boston Builds Credit creates innovative standards for credit-building products to close racial wealth gap, help residents improve credit scores
- Teens with disabilities meet with banks, learn financial well-being strategies
- Taxpayer shares her experience with the Boston Tax Help Coalition